Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Thanks to crew for outstanding support in a medical emergency

SW87
Explorer C

I would like to extend my deep gratitude to the crew of SW372 HOU-DEN and the Southwest/Houston Hobby ground staff for their fantastic support as my wife suffered a medical emergency just after boarding our flight yesterday 2/11.  The flight attendants immediately stepped into action, providing initial assistance, summoning a doctor who was onboard, and calling Houston EMS.  Even though the cabin door was just about ready to be shut, they put their total focus on getting medical attention and helping us make a dignified exit from the aircraft.  Everyone was so professional, polite, and helpful.  Even the Captain pitched in and helped us carry our belongings back up the ramp.  Our checked bags were removed from the aircraft and were ready and waiting for us at the baggage office, and the airport staff were extremely helpful in facilitating additional checkouts by EMS in the terminal.  Thank you Southwest Airlines and Houston Hobby for making our bad day go as well as possible.  I'm glad to report my wife is home and doing well now.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Thanks to crew for outstanding support in a medical emergency

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

First off I hope your wife is doing better!

I am glad to hear the crew onboard and staff at the airport in Houston were able to help in a time of need. If you get a chance I recommend sending this to Southwest on Twitter or Facebook in a DM with your confirmation number so they can pass on the kudos to those involved yesterday. 

-Blake 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

First off I hope your wife is doing better!

I'll certainly second that!

I hope that she continues to improve.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery, and hope your family is holding up well. 

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger