Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

The lady who tried to wear a bra type/bikini top with her chest hanging out on a flight

Respect4cops
Explorer C

I wish Southwest had told that complaining woman who DELAYED the entire flight due to her wearing a bra/swimsuit looking top (with her chest hanging out) "If you want to dress inappropriately, you don’t have to fly on our planes…we have a right to have a dress code, just like restaurants have the right to refuse service to anyone dressed inappropriately."  I'm not against women's bodies--I don't want to sit next to a man wearing a SPEEDO instead of pants, either, but now someone will probably try it!  By apologizing & giving her a free flight, you're inviting other passengers to try to push the boundaries even further...you should have stood up for having a dress code. People should learn that stripper attire (both male & female) is distracting/inappropriate on a plane with families on board!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: The lady who tried to wear a bra type/bikini top with her chest hanging out on a flight

bec102896
Aviator A

Agreed! And the woman was still able to fly and had her ticket refunded and was apologize to by Southwest but still says that's not enough. 

Re: The lady who tried to wear a bra type/bikini top with her chest hanging out on a flight

jksobonya
Aviator A

I don't think Southwest actually has a dress code for passengers, do they? Kind of an interesting concept. Why did Southwest delay the flight because of what one woman was wearing, and why was she given a free flight? 

--Jessica

The lady who tried to wear a bra type/bikini top with her chest hanging out on a flight

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I understand your thoughts that maybe there might be some parameters based on children flying.  But we all don't come from the same social norm.   My thoughts are, WHY wasn't this attended to at the boarding pass area?

buzzchris
Adventurer B

Why wasn't this woman stopped at the boarding gate?   Everyone is afraid of being sued for offending someone.  The same with SW. 

stephbiscos
Explorer C

you very much sound like you’re against women’s bodies with the way you speak about them. we are not in middle school, women can dress anyway they like now a day. i don’t see why you had to mention families on board, you can walk out your house and see a man with his private parts hanging out so why are you so upset about a women wearing a bikini top on a plane. it’s not inappropriate, you are just sexualizing them.