Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ticket counter hours and boarding

Dollybot
Explorer C

I board at 6:05am. The ticket counter in Portland isn’t even open until 30 minutes before I board. What’s this bs??? I’m at the front of the line, but there’s at least 50 people behind me. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ticket counter hours and boarding

Dollybot
Explorer C

I hate flying and have sever anxiety and they gotta make me run to the gate and through security. Not flying southwest ever again.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

You know, I don't have the answer.  But let me tell you this, I've flown on every airline that has ever operated on a national scale except, JetBlue.  I've encountered on every airline at one time or another some type of travel anxiety from them.  If I decided to not fly on each one of them I'd be doing nothing but driving.  What I find most often on this discussion, myself included, that we post issues without having done the simple process first, "contact customer relations."  This forum would then be useful to express that outcome, or lack of, of what you encounter from C.S.   HOWEVER, there is one airline that I don't fly anymore at all due to multiple issues I've encountered flying with them.  

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@Dollybot Sorry for the frustration. 

I can't find the published hours for the tickets counters at PDX, so I would reach out to SW directly and provide feedback.  You can use one of the methods at Contact Us below.  I prefer Twitter, personally.

I do know that SW started operating out of a new terminal there this week.  Not that it is an excuse, but there could be some delays related to that.

Hope you made it!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Check-in counter should have opened 1 hour prior to the departure of the first flight of the day. 

Screenshot_20200716-103228_Chrome.jpg

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

You know, until they reach out to C.S. to find out why, she and we will never know.  Hopefully, if they want to take the time and effort to vent then they will do that.  Maybe somebody got sick, stuck in traffic, whatever.  I'm a college instructor and have a "Final Exam" to present to my students at the end of a semester.  On my commute to the school I there was a semi overturned and I missed the last exit to detour.  I was stuck for over 3 hours.  Suffice to say, the final exam didn't happen, (at that time) and many students dire to get home were pretty upset.  My fault?  We just don't know until they address it to someone who can give an answer, this forum can't.