Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Advisory: Mobile Wallet functionality temporarily unavailable

bec102896
Aviator A

Mobile Wallet functionality temporarily unavailable

The functionality for saving Mobile Boarding Passes to Apple Wallet and Google Pay is temporarily unavailable. You can still pull up and view your boarding pass in the iOS, Android and Mobile Web apps. We will have the save to wallet functionality back up and running as soon as possible. As a reminder, your boarding pass can also be printed at any nearby kiosk.

-Blake 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel Advisory: Mobile Wallet functionality temporarily unavailable

SWDigits
Aviator A

Thanks for posting, I didn't realize this was posted as a Travel Advisory was on the Southwest front page!

Customer | Home airport DCA

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

I am happy to report that this issue is resolved! I am at the airport now; I was able to add my BP to my Apple Wallet complete with the location-based notification on the home screen. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@bec102896 Is that your final explaination? There has got to have some explaination on why it is not running functionally. I don't believe there some excuse on why it is not running functionally. 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@DfDrPepper_23 

I don’t work for the airline so I don’t know why mobile wallet functionality was unavailable. I do know technology is not perfect so at times things break. The airline fixed the issue to most that's all that matters and Southwest did inform customers of the issue (other airlines would make you call and wait on hold for an hour or longer to find out there is a glitch). 

If you would like an official answer from Southwest directly you can reach out by clicking on the “contact us” link at the bottom of the page. 

-Blake