Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel Advisory Published after Upgraded Boarding Purchase

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

Greetings Luv Airline Community-

I just wanted give kudos to phone CSA agent Vanessa who helped me on this issue and wanted to share the experience to this forum as I didn't see this topic posted while I was looking for help on this.

I had booked a flight from my home airport in SoCal, checked in for the flight at the 24 hour mark and saw no Travel Advisory posted, thus assumed that I should be good to travel.

Upon checking in at 24 hours, I was placed in the 2nd half of the B Group and therefore bought Upgraded Boarding to bring me to A5 (well worth it in my opinion). Later in the afternoon at about seven hours later, I see the Travel Advisory for Winter Storm Piper signalling possible flight disruptions for my SoCal airport.

I called SWA that afternoon and spoke to CSA agent Vanessa to explain the situation and rebook the flight--that is, see if it was possible to get a credit or voucher since Upgraded Boarding was purchased before the Travel Advisory was posted (SWA's general policy is no refunds on Upgraded Boarding unless SWA cancels the flight).

Vanessa was happy to refund my Upgraded Boarding and rebooked my flight problem-free given that the weather was outside my control. Just wanted to share this with the community if anybody runs into a similar situation.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Travel Advisory Published after Upgraded Boarding Purchase

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Glad to hear Vanessa was able to help you out with this. 

if you would like to pass on your kudos to Southwest and Vanessa feel free to click the contact us link at the bottom of this page

hope Your flight goes out without any issues! 

Re: Travel Advisory Published after Upgraded Boarding Purchase

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

👍 Done