Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Travel to Mexico

amyjamy22
Explorer C

We are traveling to Cancun on Saturday.  I know we need to fill out the online questionnaire for Identification of Risk Factors.  Silly question, what seat number do we enter since there are no assigned seats on Southwest? Also, do we need to fill out an additional form at the airport? Is so, where do we obtain this form.

Thank you for your feedback!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Travel to Mexico

IslandGirl
Explorer A
Solution

Hi.  We travel to Mexico at least once a month.  For your seat number, you fill out your boarding pass number.  There is an additional form at the airport you will need to fill out to present before you go through security.  There are signs everywhere with a QR code you can scan and fill it out online or you can pick up a paper one at the check-in counter and fill it out.  We ALWAYS have problems with the QR code so we just fill out the paper one, flash it to get up to security and they glance at it in security.  It is the standard 4-5 questions....Name, Flight, Seat number (again, boarding pass number) Do you have Covid? Have you been around someone who has Covid? Country you have visited? Flight number?   It is a small 4X6" sheet of paper.  Have fun! 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@IslandGirl where do you fly?  I know Cozumel is opening up soon, have you gone there?  I would suspect this process would be for anywhere you fly to in Mexico

IslandGirl
Explorer A

We fly into Cancun but I am sure the policy is the same for all airports in Mexico.  I have friends that live in Cabo and have to go through the same thing in and out of there. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I just filled in Seat 3C   (always wishful thinking)