Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Traveling with 3 children under 12yrs

Crystalk10891
Explorer C

Hello Everyone, 

I am traveling from Sacramento to Las Vegas what is the best way for me to try and get my kids and I together a seat on the flight. I purchased the getaway tickets. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Traveling with 3 children under 12yrs

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The easiest way to handle this is to purchase EarlyBird Check-In. It removes all the worry and hassle of checking in and will get you sequential boarding positions. Otherwise just be sure to check-in exactly at 24 hours prior to departure. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Crystalk10891
Explorer C

Thank you. 

bec102896
Aviator A

If your kids are 6 or younger you can board between the A and B boarding groups if this is the case I wouldn't spend the money on Early Bird check in because you could potentially buy a B boarding position depending on how many buy EB on your flight and you would board before that paid position 

If your kids are over 6 years old You could buy EB for 1, 2, or all 3 of you and that will improve your boarding position (as already suggested) 

Option 3 would be check in at exactly 24 hour mark and if your over a mid B boarding position you can try and pay for upgraded boarding at the gate which is $30-$50 a person per flight (connections not included) this will get you in the A 1-15 group this will get you a great boarding position while EB you could still end up as a mid B