Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tried to contact SWA Customer Service but phone number from app took me to "Travel Service" agency

kirito34
Explorer C

My flight out of MSY was delayed for 2 hours which meant I would have missed my connecting flight. I called what I thought was an SWA number and I ended up talking to someone from what I now know is "Travel Service". They managed to cancel my flight and book me on another airline but ended up charging me $1100 for the service.

The most confusing thing about this whole thing is that I honestly don't understand how I ended up talking to them. I thought I was looking the number up on the SWA app but in looking through it I can't find it now. Maybe I searched online and clicked an ad instead? Really unsure (which is frustrating).

Anyone else every have an experience like this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tried to contact SWA Customer Service but phone number from app took me to "Travel Service&

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sounds like you may have been scammed. You actually paid the $1100???

Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and every other page on southwest.com to get a good phone number. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Tried to contact SWA Customer Service but phone number from app took me to "Travel Service&

bec102896
Aviator A

Was the reservation actually canceled or did you end up paying the $1100 and become a no show where you lose the value of your flights as well. 

Southwest has no cancel fees and during IROPS (delays with a missed connection) no fee to change a flight (no cost to change ever but in this case no fare difference collected) if the delay was minor they may make you pay a fare difference to change flights but unfortunately I'm afraid you got scammed. 

The only other thing I can think of is did you end up talking to the southwest vacations team which is awful from what I hear. Was it a package booking