Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Truth can be stranger then fiction

BirdofHeaven
Explorer C

I used to work for United airlines.  If you have a pet carrier and I have a SHERPA usually if the animal is a lap animal or small you can just stick it under the seat.  The airlines are always changing their rules. I was a gate agent.  We allowed a family to take their pet rabbit !    So turtles are quiet demure and well behaved.  They are NOT furry so no one should have an allergic reaction.  All these frustrations for passengers. I consider my turtles my family.  They are my children.  If I have to provide video and photos I will. I was wondering if the airlines insures pets ? I guess they can still stay in the cargo hold?  Everybody these days are becoming intolerant and mean spirited. Whatever happened to the constitutional mandate of the right to pursue happiness?   I guess the pets will be required to wear masks? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Truth can be stranger then fiction

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Only small cats and dogs are allowed as pets in cabin. Southwest doesn't put animals in cargo. 

-Blake

jksobonya
Aviator A

@BirdofHeaven wrote:

Whatever happened to the constitutional mandate of the right to pursue happiness?  

Whatever happened to common sense when flying on an airplane?

What makes one person "happy" might make another person miserable, especially when it comes to animals on flights. 

p.s. What's with the turtles? 

--Jessica

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

@BirdofHeaven wrote:

Whatever happened to the constitutional mandate of the right to pursue happiness?  

p.s. What's with the turtles? 

--Jessica

You mean NOODLE, WATER COLOR, NOOKIE  and BABY SPOCK?