Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to CheckIn

Courtneydee
Explorer C

Every time I click check in on the app and going direct, it lists passenger names with confirmation number but doesn’t give me the ability to check in. Anyone else? Also on hold for over 100 minutes. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Unable to CheckIn

dfwskier
Aviator A

@Courtneydee wrote:

Every time I click check in on the app and going direct, it lists passenger names with confirmation number but doesn’t give me the ability to check in. Anyone else? Also on hold for over 100 minutes. 

The app "chat" feature works pretty well as does contacting the airline via twitter or facebook.

Perhaps you should try one of these instead of spending even more time on the phone.

Courtneydee
Explorer C

Chat says that no reps are available. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Use the website  https://mobile.southwest.com/check-in

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Also, are you within 24 hours of departure?  Almost sounds like you're not eligible to check-in yet.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

One thing to keep in mind make sure your checking in at the right time in the time zone your departing from. When I was a newbie traveler I wasn't thinking and tried checking in at the right time but in the wrong time zone so it did me no good. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

One thing to keep in mind make sure your checking in at the right time in the time zone your departing from. When I was a newbie traveler I wasn't thinking and tried checking in at the right time but in the wrong time zone so it did me no good. 

I like the ideas from @TheMiddleSeat  and @bec102896  I have certainly done this before. 

Usually involving my return flight from a different time zone. 

Were you on the phone in regards to checking in, or something else? I usually will try:

• App chat if available
  • Twitter - wait until invited to send a direct message before you include any personal information like your confirmation number
  • Phone - if it isn't urgent I'd wait until later when the lines lighten up

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

gpmorrison
Explorer C

Yes I have the same problem. Getting an error when trying to check-in online today. (May1)

App Chat says no agent available. On-hold...

gpmorrison
Explorer C

Finally got thru via phone.

It's an online check-in system error. No ETA on a fix. They suggested to keep trying online. (Worse case, check-in at the airport -- as early as 3hrs prior to flight.)

dfwskier
Aviator A

Yes Southwest is having computer problems - again.

The most reported issue relates to check in -- so you are not alone

Remember that if you go tom the airport to check in, you do not have to go to the counter.

You can use one of the self service kiosks.

https://downdetector.com/status/southwest-airlines/