Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to check in. Terrible customer service

Corvairdan
Explorer C

Today I tried to check in to my flight at 1:00pm, 24 hours before my flight. I received a message that I was no ticketed. This created much anxiety as I did have a conformation. The message said to call customer service. I called customer service and had to spend one hour and 45 minutes on hold with a phone in my ear before anyone from customer service would talk to me. There was no call back option. I was then told that there was a software problem and that I would have to check it when I arrived at the airport. I asked about boarding status and I was told that everyone would have to do the same so it wouldn’t matter. T tried the check in at 9:00pm and it checked me in giving me a high B status and a C for my connecting flight. I was lied to and no effort was made to let me know that they reinstated the check in system. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Unable to check in. Terrible customer service

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Clearly there was a problem and you were told as much. High B position seems reasonable for a flight on a day when everything is working perfectly. What more were you expecting on a day that was clearly far from perfect?

--TheMiddleSeat

Corvairdan
Explorer C

The fact that I was told not to try to check in early and that checking in at the airport would not affect my boarding status. I was told that that when I checked it at the gate everyone would have the same status. I had to sit on hold with a phone at my ear for one hour and 45 minutes because my flight wasn’t ticked. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

@Corvairdan wrote:

I was told that that when I checked it at the gate everyone would have the same status. 

That's impossible. Everyone on the plane can't have the exact same status - if they did, what would that status be and how would everyone be able to line up if they were all the same?  What the customer service rep probably meant that everyone would have the same "chances" as everyone else once everyone was able to check in. It just wasn't clear to you or anyone when the check in problem was resolved, and I agree that is frustrating. 

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately something failed and created issues for passengers checking in for flights I was one of those with issues as well but luckily i have A List so I was automatically checked in before the technology issue occurred. 

When the issue happened southwest posted a travel advisory on the app and website the agents on the phone don't always get a lot of information during these times because those behind the scenes are busy trying to fix the issue and they don't want to say issue will be fixed in 2 hours when it could take 5 hours 

Stuff happens you could always pay for upgraded boarding at the gate and maybe email southwest after travel is complete to see if they can help make it right

Corvairdan
Explorer C

The app didn’t say anything about a problem. It only said t check in on a computer. I tried to log in on a laptop and I got a message a message that I was unticketed. I did not know why I was unticketed.  I had to wait for an hour and 45 minutes to find out that I had a ticket. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Ok, whatever. Feel free to send a message to Southwest. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat