Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unmarried bookings-Bags

cameronlaufer
Explorer B

I have  Rno-Las and then Las-Cle flights on separate bookings. I thought i could check bags the whole way but now SW says I must retrieve in Las and recheck. Is that the case? 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Unmarried bookings-Bags

SWDigits
Aviator A
Solution

How much time do you have between your flights?

You should be able to do it with the check-in agent in RNO, this topic comes up frequently for travel to Hawaii from the East Coast.

Customer | Home airport DCA

cameronlaufer
Explorer B

I have 1.5 hour layover in LAS. I will check in Reno to see if they can book through the whole way. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@cameronlaufer  I'm curious, who told you bags would have to be rechecked? This is probably a situation of the phone agents not knowing all the things the counter agents know. Many people, including myself have reported being able to check bags through to final destination, and I haven't seen one person saying they were not allowed to do it.

--TheMiddleSeat

cameronlaufer
Explorer B

SWA Twitter support indicated such. So you think the counter agent in Reno should be able to check all the way through? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Yes, I would be surprised if you couldn't. Give yourself a little extra time and go to the full service check-in counter. Good luck and please report back with your experience. 

--TheMiddleSeat

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hey all! While Customers traveling on point-to-point reservations are typically responsible for collecting their luggage in their connection city, our Agents will assist whenever they can. Always let our Customer Service Agents know you have two confirmations when you get to the ticket counter and see what your baggage options are. Thanks!

Nicole
Community Manager

cameronlaufer
Explorer B
Solution

Just to update, I was able to check my bags all the way through with 2 reservations at the Full Service counter. Thanks for all the help. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@cameronlaufer wrote:

Just to update, I was able to check my bags all the way through with 2 reservations at the Full Service counter. Thanks for all the help. 

Glad to hear they were able to help check your bag all the way to your final destination!

-Blake

StAugustine
Frequent Flyer C

I was told that it could not be done at a self-check kiosk but an agent at the desk would take care of it and put the pink TRANSFER tag on the bags.