Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unticketed? Error for Early Bird

MrsParrish
Explorer C

Hi!

My husband and I will be flying for the first time for our honeymoon in August and someone suggested that we do the Early Bird check in. I went to add it, and I got an error that said "It looks like your reservation is unticketed and therefore ineligible for EarlyBird." What does this mean? Could this be because we booked through a travel agent?

Also, any tips for first time flyers would be great! Neither of us have ever flown before. We are flying to MBJ from STL with a stop at MCO both ways.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unticketed? Error for Early Bird

bec102896
Aviator A

You could try reaching out to Southwest on Twitter in a DM and hopefully they can look in to your flight to see why it is saying it is unticketed. You might also reach out to your travel agent to see if they know anything. 

-Blake

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@MrsParrish wrote:

Hi!

My husband and I will be flying for the first time for our honeymoon in August and someone suggested that we do the Early Bird check in. I went to add it, and I got an error that said "It looks like your reservation is unticketed and therefore ineligible for EarlyBird." What does this mean? Could this be because we booked through a travel agent?

Also, any tips for first time flyers would be great! Neither of us have ever flown before. We are flying to MBJ from STL with a stop at MCO both ways.

It's possible it's because of how your travel agent booked the trip, or it's possible there's been a change to your flight (or is just a glitch on Southwest's side). I'll echo @bec102896 's advice above, starting with your travel agent.

Also, keep in mind that, through at least September, Southwest is keeping 1/3rd of the plane empty (the equivalent of no middle seats) to allow for distancing. If you're purchasing EarlyBird Check-In just to make sure you'll get seats together, it's probably not necessary (as long as you check yourself in online at 24 hours prior to departure). But if you're wanting EBCI so that you're checked in automatically and don't have to worry about that, it may be worth the extra expense.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Congrats 0n your upcoming wedding and honeymoon!

As far as first time flyer tips there are lots of them in this forum. I'd suggest that you search the  forums for the term "first time flyer"

As far as your personal situation goes, Southwest loves to join people in celebration. I'd suggest that you let the gate agent know that you are off on a honeymoon and ask that person to inform the flight attendants. I suspect that the reason for your trip and well wishes will go over the speaker to everyone on the plane.

As far as the unticketed situation, if you have a confirmation number, you have a ticket. Check what the confirmation from the travel agent says. As far as early bird goes, you probably don't need it. Southwest will only sell enough tickets to fill aisle and window seats (no middle seats) thru September. You will be allowed to sit together  (aisle/middle or window/middle) because

you know one another. No one will be allowed to sit next to you. 

For people that don't have early bird, Southwest assigns boarding positions based on when people check in. The earlier you check in the better your boarding positions. The earliest you can check n is 24 hours before departure time. I'd suggest that you try to check in then.

Have a happy honeymoon!.

MrsParrish
Explorer C

Thanks everyone! I decided not to worry about it. As long as they are booking less, I don't think it will be a problem.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@MrsParrish wrote:

Thanks everyone! I decided not to worry about it. As long as they are booking less, I don't think it will be a problem.

While the ability to add EarlyBird Check-In is probably moot at this time, you should still check with Southwest to make sure your tickets are still valid, that there hasn't been any change to your itinerary that might be causing the issue. I recommend via FaceBook or Twitter direct message.

Contact Customer Relations 

bec102896
Aviator A

I agree with @chgoflyer although you may not need EB check in I would still reach out to reservations or reach out to Southwest on Social media (Twitter or Facebook DM) to make sure your reservation is still active because Southwest's reaccommodation  system has been a little out of wack lately and some people aren't being notified of flight cancellations or changes (happened to me 3 times in the last 2 months) luckily I caught it though and was a quick fix. 

-Blake

martheneilson
Explorer C

For unfamiliar situations, if you have a valid mation number, you have a ticket. See what is written on the passenger's certificate. For an early bird, you may not need it. Nyaya does not buy tickets in September (not central seats) to fill homes and window seats. Because of that you are together (Hall / Center, Window / Space) You know each other. No one is allowed to be by your side.For people without adobe zii 2020 download early birds, the Southern Hemisphere covers areas of the Southern Hemisphere, especially when people do. Sign up before the best board boards. 24 hours before the first inspection departure. I encourage you to try to sign up.

https://adobezii.me/

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@martheneilson wrote:

For unfamiliar situations, if you have a valid mation number, you have a ticket. See what is written on the passenger's certificate. For an early bird, you may not need it. Nyaya does not buy tickets in September (not central seats) to fill homes and window seats. Because of that you are together (Hall / Center, Window / Space) You know each other. No one is allowed to be by your side.For people without early birds, the Southern Hemisphere covers areas of the Southern Hemisphere, especially when people do. Sign up before the best board boards. 24 hours before the first inspection departure. I encourage you to try to sign up.

Um... Was this perhaps translated from a different language?