Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What are the perks for being an A-List?

Janet4
Explorer B

Let me first clarify by stating, I am not throwing shade at "pre-boarders".  But, I do not see the benefits of "A-List" boarding. The pre-boarders get first "dibs" at the best seats, not the "A-List" passengers.  Pre-boarders will save many seats. So, the A-list passengers may pay for a lousy seat.

I think the 15 "A-List" passengers should board first, then the pre-boarders".

Because so many pre-boarders get on first, with their assistants, the best "A" seats are gone. So, I am put off with purchasing or upgrading to an A-List ticket.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: What are the perks for being an A-List?

Jefftb
Explorer A

Pre-boarding passengers cannot sit in an exit row, right? 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Jeefftb,

That is correct. Preboarding passengers may not sit in the exit row seats. 

Janet4
Explorer B

May I add that, A-List travelers seem to travel for business. Hence, it is just them. Pre-boarders will bring a companion and save additional seats. Let's show some compassion for the 15 A-List passengers. Its only 15 seats.  On flights to LAS, pre-boarders can take up to 50 seats.

Sam2427
Explorer A

Hi Janet, what you are referring to as an upgraded ticket is not an A-list ticket, it's the Business Select ticket. Being A-list has great benefits, it will get you the automatic check-in, and better boarding position in general and yo ucan go through the "First class" security lines.

However, the first 15 regular boarding slots (A 1-15) are Business Select travelers. They do have to wait for the pre-boarders, and yes, sometimes there's quite a few of them but I find that 90% of the time, there are less than 5 people pre-boarding. 

Janet4
Explorer B

WOW! I did not know the differences! I will look into the A-List. Thank you so much for the clarification!