Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Why Aren't SWA Crew Members Wearing Faces Masks at Airport Security Check Points

spacecoastbill
Frequent Flyer B

Maybe because wearing a mask for a virus that has a 99% total recovery rate is illogical?

Re: Why Aren't SWA Crew Members Wearing Faces Masks at Airport Security Check Points

dfwskier
Aviator A

Flew DAL/MDW yesterday.

There were multiple announcements at the gate reminding people to wear masks. Boarding was handled well in 10 person groups. On board there were multiple announcements about the importance of wearing masks. After snacks/water were served there was a reminder to wear masks when not  eating/drinking. As chgoflyer said several posts earlier, deplaning remains a scrum - every person for himself as soon as you hear the "ding." One thing was different - during deplaning there were announcements reminding people to wear masks.

The mask requirement, IMO, was being complied with.

John1158
Explorer B

Waiting for push back and the captain again on this flight is not wearing a mask. Rules for thee but not for me. I personally don't care if he doesn't but don't force me to if you aren't leading by example. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@John1158 Our Employees are expected to wear a mask over their noses and mouths at all times unless eating or drinking, and we sincerely regret if you noticed any inconsistency. As a Customer-to-Customer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here, but I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations to document your concerns so we can follow-up internally. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

gsking
Aviator C

If you're so worried, why haven't you gotten the vaccine? 

If you've gotten the vaccine,  why are you so worried?