Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Will I Qualify?

calsea12
Explorer C

I am hoping to get a little insight. We are flying SW bc they had the best prices this time around.

I am curious if anyone has ever qualified for pre boarding with my DD and my issues.

My DD7 is ASD1 (Autism spectrum level 1) and has sensory issues. She will have melt downs if she feels crowded or rushed. She is also specific on where she sits and needs her seat cleaned.

I have issues with blood clots in my legs and swelling. I am also highly claustrophobic and need to see the door so have to be semi up front.

Anyone have even a guess if we would possibly qualify? If they turn you down is it big deal

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Will I Qualify?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

As the determination is up to the passenger, if you request preboarding you will get it.  Here is what Southwest says about preboarding:

"Preboarding is available for Customers who have a specific seating need to accommodate their disability and/or need assistance in boarding the aircraft or stowing an assistive device. "

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Will I Qualify?

dfwskier
Aviator A

To use some different words

The Airline cannot refuse any person's request to pre board. If the passenger claims the right, the passenger will get it.