Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

William Hall

wmh9680
Explorer C

Good afternoon. In March I booked myself and my wife on a wanna get away flight to Scottsdale AZ on My 1 2023 using my RR acct number. I received a confermation and I did not notice that it had my name and another name that was my name with a middle intial m. I was checking my reservation on april 29th and saw it. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal to call them and get my wifes name and acct # on the 2nd ticket. Well after hours on the phone with SWA and SWA Vacations (both blaming the other and we had to talk to the other)I got not where and to go on the trip we both would have to purchase new tickets 2 days before the trip ($700-1000 a ticket) since to be on the same flight at this point we had to cancel and book all over again. Well at that price we had to cancel and receive credit points with one going to the name with a middle intial which isn't or should not be on my acct and in the future she could not use the points. We have flown almost exclusively with SWA for ever. At this point I booked with united rt to Hawaii nonstop wich SWA dowsn't offer (my wife an I both have back problems and could not sit for 12+ hours with a stop over). This does not seem fair. How can they book 2 names -one not on my acct to the same RR acct? As it turns out I stand to lose the $ for my hotel resv and I'm not sure about the car resv so I am out almost all my money. Is there anyway to resolve this? With SWA struggling to stay in business you'd think they could help. They also changed my return flight with no norification. Any ideas? Thanks Mike

5 REPLIES 5

Re: William Hall

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It sounds like you booked through Southwest Vacations which is not part of, nor owned/operated by Southwest Airlines.  For questions about refunds you will need to work with Southwest Vacations.  If you entered the info incorrectly online I'm not sure what recourse you have here as the error was your making and was not noticed until the last minute.  If you called Southwest Vacations to make the reservation then perhaps you have some standing, but not noticing the mistake until the last mute creates some difficulty.  If it truly was an error created by Southwest Vacations you may be able to dispute the issue through your credit card.

I would not agree either Southwest Airlines nor Southwest Vacations is "struggling to stay in business", but that's not really relevant to the matter.  Your issue here is with Southwest Vacations and I hope they work with you to resolve it.

--TheMiddleSeat

wmh9680
Explorer C

I dn know where the 2nd name with an intial came from. If I was SWA I wn let another company use my name in their name (southwest vacations). Both companies kept referring me back to the other company like it was a stalling game just waiting for me to give up. I also found out all the bookings go thru Marks Travel out of Milwaukee,  WI. Trying to get an answer from them is even harder. Last year we booked a trip to Az. and when we got there the Hyatt wanted to bill us again for the hotel which we alreay paid for. Again we found out everything was booked thru Marks Travel.  It finally got staightened out after about 10 days. Who the HELL is this Marks Travel? Finally I got ahold of someone that refunded the hotel and car totally.  I got credit for the flights on my RR acct so all I lost was the early bird ckin and travel ins, about $300. We have a friend that used to work for United and she gets a super deal on flights and travels alot and she said she never books with a package deal because when there is a problem it becomes a nitemare. She always books everything separately herself. We have a few friends that have booked on SWA since thier meltdown last Christmas (which alot of SWA employess saw coming but SWA just ignored the problem) and they've had problems with Swa. Never again one my credit is gone

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@wmh9680 wrote:

she said she never books with a package deal because when there is a problem it becomes a nitemare. She always books everything separately herself. 

Agree with this 100%

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

What I'm about to say is controversial, so please consider carefully.

Southwest Vacations will likely ignore you until they have to deal with you.  In my own personal life, I have a policy of placing my complaints and proposed solutions in writing so there is no "we didn't know about it" later on.  If I cannot get an appropriate resolution, then I file a complaint in Small Claims court.  Here in Lake County Florida, the process is pretty quick and very efficient.

Today I settled the sixth case in a series, in my favor, through mediation.  Although I am not an attorney, I am familiar with the law and understand the process.  Today, I went up against a seasoned attorney.  I argued my case in mediation and it was settled today in my favor.

I am beyond tired of these organizations ignoring consumer complaints.  When they get served the notice of suit, they come back highly offended and the bottom line is that they now have to address your concern with an elected or appointed official.  None of the judges are very forgiving of these large organizations who refuse to acknowledge the consumer and provide a reasonable solution.

wmh9680
Explorer C

Yep, I was in Az for spring training in 2020 when everything shut down and we were out over $1000 in ticlets

It took me a year and going to the BBB to get it back but I  did. Also we boughtnew Jamis ebikes and had them over a year with E problems, after over a year I got a complete refund of $4000