Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Worst airline ever in the world

vannguyen
Explorer C

My sons flight got cancelled when we got to the gate I RECCOMEND DO NOT GO ON THE AIRLINE

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Worst airline ever in the world

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your son's trouble.

With almost 15,000 flights cancelled since last Wednesday, all airlines are giving passengers terrible holiday memories. The only thing you can try to do, and it is very difficult, is to be patient until this thing unwinds,

Hope it works out.

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

No airline has had the catastrophic failures of Southwest,  none. I have been stranded in Detroit for 3 days while other airlines are flying out and I did rebook with another airline for a flight tomorrow as Southwest would not have gotten me out of here until after the new year. Their catastrophic failure has been worsened by their lies that it was the weather.  Had they been honest I could have rebooked with another airline sooner. I fully expect reimbursement for lodging and food under their policy as this was a controllable cancelation under their policy.

DJ_Ran
Explorer A

Seriously?  That's pretty sad that you have to make a statement like that being the entire country has been dealing with a major storm and record breaking frigid temperatures the past few days. Thousands a flights have been canceled or delayed on every Airline, not just Southwest. 

3-10
Adventurer C

Why are you lying? You are gaslighting a victim. 

there has not been weather delays since Dec 23 for the other airlines. Their cancellation rate was in the single digits, today before noon SWA cancelled 34% of their all day flights. 

Not only that, SWA internal memo indicates the problem is at the company. They have bad leadership and worse employees. 

https://onemileatatime.com/news/southwest-airlines-meltdown-denver/

The other airlines have recovered just fine, I could have flown yesterday and actually saved money, but I couldn’t get them to refund me for my cancelled flight. 

I watched employee take baggage for cancelled flights, then inform people the flight was cancelled and they could be rescheduled for Friday the 30th and then refuse to return baggage. They didn’t care, they just kept taking bags and offering flight credits saying they can’t refund the flights. 

Both Delta and United at DÍA were fine and on time last night, I just couldn’t afford the ticket because SWAholes refused to issue a refund for the cancelled flight and told me to call the phone number. 

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

@3-10 Welcome to the Southwest Community, a Customer-to-Customer forum. I understand your frustration with recent operational challenges, but please ask that you abide by our Community Guidelines that asks that all users be kind and courteous to one another to maintain the health of this online forum. Thank you in advance. 

3-10
Adventurer C

I would appreciate if it you were kind and courteous to us customers and actually got off the forum and started answering the phones. Or maybe answer emails and giving us refunds. 

I didn’t cuss, I pointed out the direct lie, that this is weather related, when it isn’t. That chat is a communications method when it isn’t. That the app can fix a lot of problems when it can’t. 

Don’t you have something better to do, like maybe reset the VOIP server or the text message notifications so they are timely rather than hours late. 

https://imgur.com/a/cx4Nm2V

i got the cancelation notice from the employee at DÍA before I got the flight delayed text. 

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

Nothing wrong with 3:10's posts. I can tell you for a fact, we experienced some of the most rudest and nastiest SW employees at BWI during our cancellation debacle on 12/23. By their attitude, you would have thought that the customer was to blame for the mess. Seriously, BWI SW employees need a customer service refresher pronto.

LawsuitforSW
Adventurer C

How about you get stranded somewhere for days on end with out so much as a refund? How would you feel?

3-10
Adventurer C

Oh the numbers are updated. 

53% cancelation at 1400EST and another 23% delayed. 

I challenge you to show me one other airline outside of the 3rd world currently running that kind of mess!