Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

cancelled flight and baggage

lcargnoni
Explorer C

hey all - happy holidays...

Our flights from MCO -> BWI -> ALB were cancelled on Dec 25.

It was a slow roll cancel.  We were teased all day, but then, the BWI->ALB was canceled and about 2 hours later the MCO->BWI was cancelled.

We jumped to United and got to Syracuse.

1.  Baggage - Will Southwest simply put our luggage on flights that eventually arrive Albany?

2. If I go to Syracuse airport, what's the possibility that a  SW baggage agent would do a baggage search and put in a baggage lost report?

3. Anyone else leaving MCO on Dec 25 and have a similar situation and/or solution?

Best....

4 REPLIES 4

Re: cancelled flight and baggage

dfwskier
Aviator A

It's a mess out there. It is likely that every airport has lines that are hours long - Syracuse, too.

1) Southwest likely rebooked you on to another flight. remember to cancel that one so you can get a refund.

2) Given what is going on, I suspect that no method of reaching the airline will be timely.

I guess I'd suggest e-mail or social media. Click on "contact us" below to get to e-mail and scroll to the bottom right of the page to the words "connect with us" to get twitter or facebook links.

good luck

lcargnoni
Explorer C

thank you...

I sent message via twitter and FB - no replies.

Worse: our original flight number - apparently that flight from BWI-Albany either

a. Keeps getting cancelled

b. Does not fly every day of the week!

Don't know if SW would put the luggage on alternative BWI->ALB flight.

Can't get people on the phone

We are 3 hours away from Albany...

SWAnotherWokeCo
Adventurer C

How long is the line for baggage claim at the airport? At BWI it was at least 3 hours. We were told by SW baggage personnel to go home and file a claim online. I have still not found that link on SW's site. Getting a SW agent to do anything positive at this time is probably a bridge too far. I suspect we will be making a trip to BWI on Wednesday of this week (at our expense) to see if we can find our luggage. We have also emailed SW about the missing luggage but have not received a response. Phone calls are useless at this point. No one is answering.

Good luck.

lcargnoni
Explorer C

Thank you...

We went to the Roch airport and were told that out bags arrived BWI.

(so that's progress)

but, our original flight number - apparently that flight from BWI-Albany either

a. Keeps getting cancelled

b. Does not fly every day of the week!

Don't know if SW would put the luggage on alternative BWI->ALB flight.

Can't get people on the phone

We are 3 hours away from Albany...

I intend to get back to Roch, but SW keeps cancelling flights to Roch, so there's no guarantee that they have staff at the counter nor baggage claim