Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

customer service is appauling!!

penguin77
Explorer C

I had a horrible experience flying to Orlando a week and a half ago. I have tried on numerous attempts to reach a human so that I can explain what happened. I have been on hold for greater that an hour on 3 separate occasions. Sure I can get hold of reservations if I want to book a flight, but nobody cares that I deserve to be heard. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: customer service is appauling!!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Your best bet would probably be to write an nice, simple letter and send to Southwest.  Address and other contact info can be founds here: Contact Customer Relations 

--TheMiddleSeat

keasbey
Adventurer C

Not a single soul cares at southwest , they can't help you. They're motto is "hope nothing goes wrong"

Which is why I'm on this forum blowing it up. Tired of this unaccountable company that sells you on an image of superior service 🤣🤣 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@keasbey wrote:

Not a single soul cares at southwest , they can't help you. They're motto is "hope nothing goes wrong"

Which is why I'm on this forum blowing it up. Tired of this unaccountable company that sells you on an image of superior service 🤣🤣 

I'm sincerely sorry to know we've fallen short of your expectations on more than one occasion, @keasbey. While we strive for topnotch Customer Service, we know we don't always get it right, and we apologize for letting you down. Whenever a Customer has an issue with their travel experience, we are happy to review the situation and follow-up. As the Community is a Customer to Customer support forum, we are not equipped to assist you here. For concerns regarding specific travel experiences, I encourage you to Contact Customer Relations for assistance. Thank you.

Nicole
Community Manager

keasbey
Adventurer C

Okay well why don't you follow up with me then ? 

Last time the entirety of Southwest in Denver was shutdown. You're telling me people have to call your company to say they had a problem after something THAT noticeable?

Follow up with customers instead of whatever this post charade you're doing is. Id rather use my time to publish my experiences. You can refund me anytime for a flight delayed over 24 hours. No invitation needed , I wouldn't complain Lol! 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@keasbey wrote:

Okay well why don't you follow up with me then ? 

Last time the entirety of Southwest in Denver was shutdown. You're telling me people have to call your company to say they had a problem after something THAT noticeable?

Follow up with customers instead of whatever this post charade you're doing is. Id rather use my time to publish my experiences. You can refund me anytime for a flight delayed over 24 hours. No invitation needed , I wouldn't complain Lol! 

@keasbey, Community Moderators do not have access to Customer reservations or account information for privacy and security purposes and since The Community is not a Customer Service outlet.

We want all Community Members to feel comfortable sharing their ideas and experiences here as long as they follow our Community User Guidelines.Thank you for reviewing them.

Nicole
Community Manager

jksobonya
Aviator A

@keasbey wrote:

Where's my eyeroll smiley when I need it?

Oh here it is: 🙄

The fact that you think Southwest's motto is "hope nothing goes wrong" and that they are "unaccountable" tells me everything I need to know about you. 

I'm willing to bet my next paycheck that your flight delay occurred over the last month (particularly in mid-June) when Southwest had numerous delays and cancellations due to a) weather b) technological issues c) internet outages and d) a literal ground stop of the entire fleet which took days to rectify. All of this made the news and was posted here, a lot of it by me. Southwest had little to no control over any of this and they have been trying to make things right *despite* having so much out of their control. Have a little empathy for an airline trying to best service its customers. 

--Jessica

keasbey
Adventurer C

Empathy for an airline company? 🤣 

No thank you. I paid you to do a job. Not my fault they handed you a litany of excuses that were newsworthy. And yes, blanket unaccountability from inconsistent policies between the phone and ground and everything. 

"I bet you had problems at some point in the last month when all of our systems went down out of our control". Unaccountable. But you still got my money! Count on that ! 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

It's sad to hear your experience. I too have had some service challenges flying SWA in the last several months. They have all been reasonably resolved. It seems clear you've given up on SWA, "blowing up the board" on a customer to customer forum is pointless and waste of your energy.

Best of luck to you in the future and I wish you safe travels