Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

early bird check in for trip with stop and plane change? Do I need to pay twice?

brumsey
Explorer C

I have not seen anything from Southwest responding to this question?  We are flying with 11 poeple and want to do the Early-Bird check in but we change planes in Chicago so I am curious if we have to pay twice???

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4

Re: early bird check in for trip with stop and plane change? Do I need to pay twice?

franktravel
Aviator B

EarlyBird Check-In can be purchased for $15 one-way (origin to destination). A credit card must be used for the purchase of EarlyBird Check-In.

Re: early bird check in for trip with stop and plane change? Do I need to pay twice?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unlike Upgraded Boarding, for EBCI you only pay the $15 fee once, per one-way trip, including any connections. (For Upgraded Boarding -- $30-$40-$50 to snag an available A1-15 position -- you pay for each time you board the plane.)

Important question: Is this a Group Travel booking? (Groups of over 10 booked together are handled by the Group Travel department.) If so, unfortunately you cannot purchase EBCI -- Southwest doesn't allow it on Group bookings.

gototravelgal
Explorer A

Nope! You do not have to pay again at your connection, only once per way. Smiley Happy

@brumseywrote:

I have not seen anything from Southwest responding to this question?  We are flying with 11 poeple and want to do the Early-Bird check in but we change planes in Chicago so I am curious if we have to pay twice???

Thank you,

Go to Travel Gal

CJF
Explorer C

No,  you do not have to pay twice.  You are charged  the  $15.00   for each one

way  trip.  Your boarding pass for the 2nd leg will reflect  your early bird

check in also.