Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

early bird check in

mueller0930
Explorer C

Good Morning,I've never flown with southwest before and my husbands company is flying us to florida. I just paid for early bird check in what does this mean?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: early bird check in

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

You get to enjoy SW’s version of “priority boarding” without the need to check in exactly 24 hrs out to grab your boarding position. Learn more at the Knowledge Base here!

And learn more about SW’s boarding process here.

Enjoy, and happy flying!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

mueller0930
Explorer C

Why don’t I have a seat arrangements

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No seating assignments on Southwest, sit in any open seat. 

The link above to the Boarding Process information is really helpful for those unfamiliar with flying Southwest. Be sure to check out the video! 

Screenshot_20190906-134256_Chrome.jpg

--TheMiddleSeat

mueller0930
Explorer C

I paid for early bird check in

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Again, I'd suggest you take a look at the links referenced above, they are very helpful to explain the boarding process and how EarlyBird Check-In works. With EarlyBird you will get a better boarding position than non-status flyers, but still no assigned seating, it does not exist on Southwest. 

--TheMiddleSeat

ncwklw
Explorer C

Absolutely nothing. Southwest doesn't honor it. And it's non refundable. Do your research before you get ripped off like many people. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ncwklw wrote:

Absolutely nothing. Southwest doesn't honor it. And it's non refundable. Do your research before you get ripped off like many people. 

The only EBCI guarantee is that people that buy it will get better boarding spots than everyone that checks themselves in -- assuing that it's bought at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure time. The closer it's bought to the 24 hour mark, the less it is worth.