Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flight cancelled notification but I still have active boarding passes AND can buy that ticket online

cgrider3
Explorer C

Got notification this morning thru email of cancellation, but I could checkin online and still buy that ticket if I wanted to.  I buy my tickets early because money is tight.  The only available flight the next day is almost 2X the price I paid for the round trip. 

The bigger problem... I have been on hold with my cell for 35 minutes and when I try to use the other phone to leave a call back number so I don't have to sit on hold, the system tells me its a 65 minute wait and then keeps hanging up before I can input my number completely.  

In summary, I am stranded away from home, cannot attend my morning meeting because I cannot get through to SW, not sure if I have a ticket or not at an airport that is 2 hours from my current location and going to have to spend a bunch of money I don't have for expensive one way, additional rental car day and hotel and am afraid that SW isn't going to be very concerned about this.  

I am a new business traveler with SW. Do I need to go back to American? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: flight cancelled notification but I still have active boarding passes AND can buy that ticket on

cgrider3
Explorer C

Make that on hold for 1 hour and 22 minutes.  This is simply unaceptable, not only does your flight home get possibly cancelled, but your entire morning is unproductive being on hold to find out if you can go home or not. Why doesn't SW have online chat?  

Re: flight cancelled notification but I still have active boarding passes AND can buy that ticket on

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

You can send them a twitter @SouthwestAir if you use that particular platform.

Don't send a confirmation number or your name over twitter - wait for Southwest's account to request a direct message from you before sending that sensitive info.

If your cancellation is part of a large storm, there will be a link on Southwest.com to help you self-service the re-booking.

Right now there is winter storm Mateo: 

https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_2018171518052449128.html

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.