Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flight delayed, then back to original time, then delayed again

jacint98
Explorer C

So, this happened yesterday. My Southwest flight from Tampa was to leave at 7:45pm. At 3:45pm I received email to let me know the flight was delayed until 8:42. (Ok, I have an extra hour, will take my time.) At 4:30 another email told me the flight was delayed to 9:13pm. (No problem.) Then nine minutes later an email told me the flight was back to original departure time of 7:45pm. (Oh dang! I need to hurry and get to the airport. I thought it was delayed!) Then at 5:04pm a final email told me the flight was delayed to 9:13pm. (I'm already on my way to the airport so nothing to do but wait.) So, what time does the flight finally leave? 9:24pm. The crew was very apologetic, but come on Southwest! All this changing of times is very confusing.

1 REPLY 1

Re: flight delayed, then back to original time, then delayed again

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jacint98 wrote:

So, this happened yesterday. My Southwest flight from Tampa was to leave at 7:45pm. At 3:45pm I received email to let me know the flight was delayed until 8:42. (Ok, I have an extra hour, will take my time.) At 4:30 another email told me the flight was delayed to 9:13pm. (No problem.) Then nine minutes later an email told me the flight was back to original departure time of 7:45pm. (Oh dang! I need to hurry and get to the airport. I thought it was delayed!) Then at 5:04pm a final email told me the flight was delayed to 9:13pm. (I'm already on my way to the airport so nothing to do but wait.) So, what time does the flight finally leave? 9:24pm. The crew was very apologetic, but come on Southwest! All this changing of times is very confusing.

My guess is you had an equipment change. The original flight delayed to 9:13 was probably delayed further or cancelled. So Southwest used another plane with the original 7:45 departure time -- and then THAT plane was also delayed.

Stuff like that does happen.