Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

flying first time with baby

nagesh
Explorer C

While booking a flight on southwest.com. We only see options for Adults and Seniors.

There is no option or any other alternate way specified to provide information about Infants(<2 years).

In FAQ's also there is no information about how to provide infant information. They only mentioned, you need to call customer care and provide information about the baby.

And the customer care service wait time is 2hours.

Is there any other way that we can provide this information. Or Is it even required to provide this information?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: flying first time with baby

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Hey there,

To assist you best, could you clarify if your child is a lap infant or will need a seat?

In the meanwhile, have you tried reaching out to @SouthwestAir over Twitter?

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

nagesh
Explorer C

Infant is a Lap child. No, I have not tried twitter option.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@nagesh wrote:

Infant is a Lap child. No, I have not tried twitter option.

Keep trying. If you were to use curbside checkin for instance it helps to have the baby already on the reservation. 

You can do this anytime prior to the flight though - don't worry about it now if the phone lines are busy. 

You could even call from the car on the way to the airport just so it is one less thing to worry about. And at curbside to get your extra baby gear luggage allowance.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

Though I am an online freak, I always make my reservations by phone when trying to reserve for an under two year old child.  I have always found the assistance in reservations to be over the top excellent.

Jwalsh3rd
Adventurer A

I am an online freak, that makes reservations by phone when trying to reserve for an under 2 year old.  I find the assistance in reservations to be over the top excellent.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@nagesh wrote:

While booking a flight on southwest.com. We only see options for Adults and Seniors.

There is no option or any other alternate way specified to provide information about Infants(<2 years).

In FAQ's also there is no information about how to provide infant information. They only mentioned, you need to call customer care and provide information about the baby.

And the customer care service wait time is 2hours.

Is there any other way that we can provide this information. Or Is it even required to provide this information?

This can also be done at the airport for a lap child - it’s preferred to call ahead but understandably the phone lines are clogged up right now.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

nagesh
Explorer C

Thanks @DancingDavidE