Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

horrible service

kualanbock
Explorer C

Flying home to San Jose from LAX, sat on plane for an hour on 3-18-2022 for mechanical issues. Then flight was cancelled and moved from 12:30PM to 6:50PM. I do not have 7 hours to waste sitting on my a$$, if I did I would have driven home. When I ask the customer service rep, I was told, " Not my fault sir, that's when they re booked your flight, take it or leave it. Not my problem. " COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. In business, if I spoke to my customers, I wouldn't have a job for very long. What, Southwest, are you going to do to correct this? If not addressed I will never fly on your airline again and I and my company have done so for years.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: horrible service

FlyWithLUV
Frequent Flyer C

Usually in this case a travel voucher will appear in your RR account (although I could be wrong) - can’t speak for this specific instance but mechanical issues do occur at times and situations like this do occur.

Customer service representatives feel the same way you do - they really do not want to inconvenience you but sometimes the stress brought on by the pandemic and additional delays/cancellations also affect them too.

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Was standby offered on a 2 pm flight?

horrible service

CupCrusher40
Frequent Flyer B

Was standby offered on a 2 pm flight?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

It's a mechanical issue, what do you expect Southwest or any airline to do? It's not like they just have spare aircraft sitting around ready to go. Would you have preferred they just ignored the issue and took off anyway? That seems like a bad idea.

If you really want to escalate your whining to Southwest you'll need to contact them directly. Use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat