Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

iOS app not showing gate

Bl7385
Explorer C

The iOS SW app is not showing the gate. It has the date in the spot where the gate should be.  My boarding pass does show it.

BEAD99B7-275E-40B5-8A75-B4CB0B7F4590.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

Re: iOS app not showing gate

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello 

I noticed the same thing on my recent flight this past weekend I thought it was a little weird but I just went to the flight status part of the app and found my gate that way which is what I recommend until the glitch is fixed or there is always the flight status boards in the airports but hope I hope they will fix this next update.

Blake 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Thanks for providing a screenshot, @BI7385. I'm going to reach out to our mobile app partners and see if we can look into this. 

ramertz
Explorer C

Same here for about a month or so now, date showing where gate should be, frustrating.  Please QA this stuff thanks.330F0FD4-2796-4BEC-9D73-EBEE66D2D471.jpeg

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

That's weird! It is a typo and supposed to say "date"? 

Mainly - when you go through and click on the boarding pass, the gate shows up there correct? (If it is assigned at the time you download the boarding pass)

- I suggest on iOS that you copy the boarding pass to the wallet anyway so that you have an archived version. If you flight is delayed an hour you won't be able to call up the mobile pass any more, better to have it stored. And the gate should be on there if you re-download the pass after the gate is assigned.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Wasn't showing up for my flights over the weekend either -- on Android. Each time under "gate" it said "---".

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Thanks for chiming in on this, everyone. I have an update for you. I relayed this information and the screenshots to our mobile team. They were already aware of the bug, and they're tackling it with all hands on deck. We should have it resolved soon. In the meantime, I'm very sorry about the inconvenience. I know the date doesn't help you much when you're trying to figure out where to board your flight. 

bec102896
Aviator A

Thanks for the update!

glad to see the team is aware and working on the issue.

Blake 

vesivakumar
Explorer C

I am having this issue again since last week where my iOS app doesn’t show the gate numbers anymore. I even updated the app yesterday to the latest but no change. It mentioned that iOS app was getting a new design which is also not working

E35FE7A5-D227-4798-8226-4E86C2687CC9.jpeg