Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

layover

dmvbnoslo
Explorer C

I am looking at tickest that have a short, 40 min., layover in Nashville. I have not flown through Nashville before. Does anyone happen to know how well this length of layover works out?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: layover

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @dmvbnoslo,

Our flights will be in and out of Concourse C at the Nashville airport, and here's a map you can use to figure out where your connecting gate is relative to your arrival gate. With forty minutes, you should be able to get between gates just fine, and even have a few minutes to grab some refreshment if you need it. 

Some of our frequent Community posters might also be able to chime in - @chgoflyer, @DancingDavidE, and @franktravel, have any of you been through BNA on a connection recently?

dmvbnoslo
Explorer C

Thanks!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

BNA is a pretty happy layover spot in my experience. 40 minutes is tight anywhere and probably at the limit of what Southwest will book you for.  If both flights are on schedule you are bascially 100% to make the flight, but you may be cutting it close on a particular boarding position if the outbound flight boards right at T-minus 30 minutes. 

With all of the Southwest gates on one concourse I think a brisk walk will get you between the furthest two gates in ten minutes. There is a "pod" at the end of the concourse with a cluster of gates so you will be just as likely to only walk across the corridor to reach your gate. I've had this several times coming from PNS to MDW.

If you have more time at BNA there are many places to eat, starbucks, and live music throughout the concourse. Tennessee BBQ. Sushi. More live music. It's certainly not a place I would hesitate to have an hour+ layover.

David

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.