Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

missing boarding pass for my second leg of my trip after checking in

xmiro121
Explorer C

Do I have to check-in again for my second boarding pass if my next flight is the next day? I've fully checked in, but I don't see the boarding pass for my second leg of the trip. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: missing boarding pass for my second leg of my trip after checking in

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sounds like you don't have a connection, but instead have 2 different flights.

The reason I say that is that Southwest doesn't let anyone book a connection with flights on different days. (unless for example one gets in at 11:30 pm while the next departs at 1 am).

Given that, yes you do need to check in for the second flight.

xmiro121
Explorer C

Does that mean that if I check some luggage then I might need to re check it again once I'm done with the first leg of the trip?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@xmiro121 yes

Did you book 2 separate trips? 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

Are they 2 separate reservations or is your connection really what they call a direct flight where you stop somewhere but don’t change planes? 

if it is a flight that stops and you don’t change planes you wouldn’t have a 2nd boarding pass 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

Are they 2 separate reservations or is your connection really what they call a direct flight where you stop somewhere but don’t change planes? 

if it is a flight that stops and you don’t change planes you wouldn’t have a 2nd boarding pass 

I doesn't sound like a connection. He said he arrives one day, but the second flight is the next day.