Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

pet tortoises / companion turtles

BirdofHeaven
Explorer C

This is in regard to my emotional support turtles. I can't leave them home and I can't afford to board them. I have an approved animal carrier that can fit under the seat.  I want to fly to Illinois with my beloved pets. I am a disabled senior 71 and these turtles are my family. I have  had them nearly 4 years and they are very dependent on me.  NOODLE, WATER COLOR, NOOKIE  and BABY SPOCK . They are healthy quiet and well behaved. I have a paper from PETCO . SO I want to make a reservation but don't want to be traumatized at the gate if  my turtles are denied boarding. I really need them. They are famous . The woman who wrote the book WHITE SPIRIT ANIMALS Hieronymos sp. I had them at a Fortean conference and they were photographed and filmed and I was told that they are  very special and bonded with me. I don't know what to do? I want to catch a flight but I would be traumatized if my turtles were left behind or confiscated. They are russian turtles.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: pet tortoises / companion turtles

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

You will not be able to fly with your turtles on Southwest.  Perhaps you can see if other airlines would accept them, but most only allow dogs as service animals and dogs and cats as pets.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

I am willing to bet my next paycheck that this is entirely made up.

Emotional support turtles are not a thing.

Even if they were - Southwest only supports small cats and dogs in carriers on domestic flights. As far as trained service animals, only dogs are allowed on domestic and international flights - no other species are allowed. 

More info here: https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/traveling-with-animals/index-pol.html  

--Jessica

BirdofHeaven
Explorer C

My turtles are real.  Why you would negate my input is quite perplexing.  I don't know who you are but my turtles are REAL. I have friends who have seen them . I have photos of them.  Why you would assume NOT knowing me that my account isn't real shows you are a cynical type.  My friend Susan Swiatek  Virginia state director of MUFON has video of them  and she was with me at FORTFEST in Baltimore.  I also have photos and documentation and my receipts from PETSMART. I really find people who jump to conclusions about other peoples stories rather vexing when they don't bother to know me  or to investigate.  I wouldn't invalidate you. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

in your other post you said the turtles are telepathic. Maybe you could connect with NOODLE, WATER COLOR, NOOKIE  and BABY SPOCK  to reassure them that they are not being abandoned and that you will be back as soon as you can.

When I was a kid, my turtles were very understanding. Maybe yours are too.