Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: pre boarding rules

Dr_Rock-It
New Arrival

Today I was A01, yet I was the 28th passenger on the plane. Yep 27 preboards and only 5 of them needed it. The rest appeared to be families that should have been in the family boarding section or regular people who should have been in their boarding group.

pretty disappointing to shout out an extra ~$100 or more to be a business select and then get the shaft because southwest can’t follow their own policies and guidelines!

Re: pre boarding rules

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We apologize for any frustration, @Dr_Rock-It. We follow federal regulations in offering preboarding to Customers with disabilities in order to comply with the Air Carrier Access Act of 1986, implemented by United States Department of Transportation regulations as 14 CFR Part 382, Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel. It's important to note that many of our Customers have disabilities that are not necessarily visible or restricted to a specific age group (e.g., diseases that cause blood clots, epilepsy, autism, etc.).

While Business Select does come with additional perks aside from a low boarding position, I understand your disappointment if you expected to be first onboard with A1. Please know your concerns in this regard have been taken to heart. 

Nicole
Community Manager