Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: pre boarding rules

moandyr22
Adventurer C

Yea and shoplifters get some great deals too.  You cheat those of us ( unlike you) who have money to board quick and keep their integrity. BUT you cheat the old lady or the vet who deserves to pre board before you. And Im sure you have no problem jumping right up in front of that Freeboard line and making granny wait . Life will catch up with you . It likely has already. You misery is well earned if nothing else in your life has been. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Pre-boarding has been discussed countless number of times.  Federal law gives people the right to "self identify" with a disability and those individuals are allowed to board the plane early.  With Southwest, it becomes more of a "perfect storm" because there are no assigned seats, thus, people who preboard have the best selection of seats.

I doubt that Southwest will change its policy of open seating.

DrRectangle
Explorer C

Sounds like a bunch of complainers. Which is typical of sw customers who think A-list is the equivalent of first class. If you don’t like it book another airline cheapskate. 
I’m 44 years old and undergoing cancer treatment. You wouldn’t be able to tell this by looking at me. I am going to gladly ask for preboarding and maybe do cartwheels by you self entitled a-listers.

floridaguy
Aviator C

I totally agree with you.

Those who buy Business Select and have squabbled their way to A-list feel cheated when someone preboards.

I'm tired of hearing their complaining as well.

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you just create another account so you could argue with someone because it was so quiet and peaceful around here this AM? Kind of weird that a new person would go find a topic about preboarding from YEARS a go open an account complain and go. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Nope

DrRectangle
Explorer C

Why yes. Yes I did Mr Top Contributor. Because I was searching for information on the topic and found most of these replies completely repulsive. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I think that he's asking if I set up a fake account, to which I answered "Nope".

If you want to preboard, please do so.  I support you and encourage you to utilize the rights that are afforded to you and FORGET THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE MAD ABOUT PREBOARDING.

...over the ocean blue...

navjag03
Explorer B

You're not reading the post by "buzzchris" correctly.  The two gate agents in the conversation are not questioning the "medical issues" but questioning why so many people need to be with the preboarder. The agents are also questioning why a passenger is not boarding by their group number. According to my friends in the airline industry, the gate agents certainly have that "right" to question such abuses. My neighbor was a gate agent at a SW gate and he frequently questioned those passengers that abused the system. He held his stance too. If you are going to reply to a post, then read it correctly. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I keep hearing that little song...