Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

seating chart

bronxnut949
Explorer C

does anyone know how I can find out what type of plane I will be boarding tomorrow and if there is a chart where I can see the seating arrangements

6 REPLIES 6

Re: seating chart

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If you go to the booking website and call up the flight you can click on the flight number and a pop-up will show the aircraft model and some on-time statistics.

Flight Aware website/app (separate from Southwest) also tracks aircraft types and other route information.

Edit: clarification that the Southwest booking site will show the proposed aircraft well in advance. Flight Aware I don't know if it can pull the informatoin in months ahead of time, but should be current for flights in the next day or same day.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

On the Southwest website, click on your flight number, and it will bring up a box with on-time info and the type of plane.

1.png2.png

Southwest only flys 737's, 737-700's, 737-800's and a small handful of 737-MAX 8. The majority (700's) have 143 seats, the 800's and MAX 8's have 175.

You can find seating charts at SeatGuru, but I've found them to often be inaccurate.

Southwest's planes feature a few different types of interiors, but unfortunately there's no way of really knowing which type you'll have until you board. Within each, almost all seats on the plane are pretty much the same, with the exception of the bulkhead and exit row(s).

ethanscott
Explorer B

Thanks.

Also does this apply to every airliner out there?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ethanscott wrote:

Thanks.

Also does this apply to every airliner out there?

Seat guru does have customized plans for each airline who have customized their seating arrangements differently.

It's a bigger deal on the other airlines since you are reserving a specific seat and you want to know which ones don't recline for instance.

Mstevens0716
Explorer A

Your booking will have the type of aircraft you will be flying on in a model number like "73H" - "73W" etc.

"73W" - Our 737-700's Plane which holds a max of 143 passengers.

"73H" - Our 737-800's which is our semi new planes which holds a max of 175 passengers

"738 - 7M8" Our Max 8 Aircraft which is our newest line of aircraft, which also holds 175.

We do not have assigned seating as all of our flights have open seating, but we have rows of three and two row sets. Excluding our emergency exit rows which have a row of two.

Stationed @ The DAL-LUV Airport!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I had never noticed that on the booking, thanks @Mstevens0716!