Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

the automatic google calendar is incorrect / errors

phhopkins
Explorer B

The past two flights I have scheduled with southwest, when it adds the flight to my google calendar, the 2nd flight shows its on the next day, but it isn't.  I thought it was just an error on my last flight, but it's doing it again this time.  The two flights are on the same day, but it's putting the second flight on the next day on my calendar. Anyone else having the same issue or know how to fix it?  Thanks. 

14 REPLIES 14

Re: the automatic google calendar is incorrect / errors

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Reservation is for roundtrip with both flights on the same day?  Are times correct?  Perhaps a time zone issue?

--TheMiddleSeat

phhopkins
Explorer B

Yes, the whole itinerary from southwest is correct, but in the 'banner' at the top of the email, that google creates, it has my 2nd flight on the next day.  and it also adds it to my google calendar on the next day as well.  And it isn't even a midnight flight.  My first flight is 6:45 am, the second flight is 9am, but it has my 2nd flight on the next day.  This has happened both times I've flown with southwest. not sure why.  

phhopkins
Explorer B

it's just a one way (not round trip)

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Are you referring to the function in gmail where it will automatically add an event to your calendar based on an email you receive such as a flight confirmation email?  OR are you clicking the "add to calendar" link on the reservation details page?

Sorry for the million questions, just trying to get a clear picture of how you are doing it and what is happening.

--TheMiddleSeat

phhopkins
Explorer B

No, I really appreciate your help.  It's an automatic "banner" that I'm guessing gmail does.  I'll see if I can post a picture.

phhopkins
Explorer B

Unfortunately I have to run.  I'll sign back in later after my meeting hopefully with a screen shot of what I'm struggling with. Thanks for helping.  Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. 

phhopkins
Explorer B

banner wrong jpg.jpg

this is at the top of the email, but then when you scroll down the email is has the itinerary and it is all correct, all on the 22nd.  But I'm guessing the 'banner' also directs the automatic addition to my google calendar, so that even is also wrong. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That is very peculiar.  For some reason Google is parsing out information that makes it think you have a flight on the 23rd.  I'm assuming there's no mention of the 23rd in the email so who knows what Google is thinking.  I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but stuff like this is why I turned this feature off and I manually input all my calendar info.  You should be able to edit the calendar item, but again, not ideal and not what you want to hear.

--TheMiddleSeat

phhopkins
Explorer B

Screenshot_20220804-090132_Gmail.jpg

 this is what is below, it all is the 22nd.  So no idea where Google is getting the 23rd.  Do you know how I turn off the calendar additions?  I'd rather do it manually anyway.