Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

"Opt-In" TSA Precheck service?

Jerlaf62
Explorer C

My wife and I have both have a known Traveler number and it is noted on our Southwest profile.  However, when looking at My Account - Security, my wife's shows a comment TSA "opted-in" and my profile doesn't reflect this. 

Can you tell me where it is I also have to "opt-in" in order for this to be on my profile and I won't have a problem getting the Pre-check each time I fly?

11 REPLIES 11

Re: "Opt-In" TSA Precheck service?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

Log into your Rapid Rewards account,  then go down to the bottom of the page where it says profile information click on edit and at the bottom it says opt in or out.

slewis
Explorer C

My wife and I also both have TSA precheck numbers and they are in our RR profiles.  When I log into my account I have the option of Opt in or Opt out.  My wife does not have this option.  Is it only available to those that have A-list status (I do, she does not)?

Thanks in advance.

RyanK8416
Explorer C

There's no "opt in" option on the Edit Profile Screen...

asn3403
Explorer C

Where does one enter this info? I don't see anyting on the personal profile page.

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Log into your account. Then go all the way to the bottom of the page where it says my preferances, click on profile. Then click edit and at the bottom you will see opt in opt out.

Good luck!

TomOaktown
Explorer C

So, there are two ways you can get Pre:

1. by applying, being interviewed, paying the fee and being approved

2. by being randomly selected to receive it.

I've got #1, have added the Known Traveler Number to my profile, and NO "Opt-In" radio button at the bottom.

My wife has #2, has no KTN, and DOES have the "Opt-In" button.

This is normal.  This was explained to me by the nice SWA agent on the phone last night, when I was asking why Pre didn't come through on my boarding pass.  (Answer: somebody didn't put in my middle name when buying the ticket.  As others have stated, it has to match exactly, or no dice.)   Other common reason it might not "work": the ticket was bought prior to the KTN being entered on the profile.

FYI.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI: TSA has reduced significantly the number of passengers who will receive PreCheck without a Know Traveler Number, or by just "opting in."

More info in this post: Changes You Need to Know to TSA Precheck Qualifications

Explorer C

Been a very frequent flyer since March 1 and have opted in status, yet I have been moved to precheck status only one time.  Used to get it every flight.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@72484661 wrote:

Been a very frequent flyer since March 1 and have opted in status, yet I have been moved to precheck status only one time.  Used to get it every flight.

Do you have a Known Traveler Number?

TSA has reduced significantly the number of passengers who will receive PreCheck without a Known Traveler Number, or by just "opting in."