Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing Flight

suz2231
Explorer C

Hi!

If I were to book a flight and wanted to actually change the date to an earlier date rather than a later date, do the same policies apply for changing your itinerary? You will just pay the difference in fare? (Trying to "plan" my parents coming out for the birth of my first child. Hard to plan really.)

Thanks!
Suz

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Changing Flight

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

Yes!  You would just pay the difference.  If the price is lower you will have a credit to use for one year from date of purchase. 

desmond1234
Explorer C

I need to change date is ther a way to talk about this over the phone. I been on hold for 45 minutes

desmond1234
Explorer C

I would like to change date I been on the phone on hold for 45 min.

Happy2b
Explorer C

What's happening to Southwest - I have been on hold trying to change a flight due to expected snowstorm in NY. I have been on hold for over an hour! Help!!!!!

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

Use the "manage reservation" option on the Southwest website to make changes or cancelations.

From Southwest home page click on Flight /Hotel/Car.  On the left side click on manage reservation 

helenpitchford
Explorer C
“This flight cost was too high. The trip was booked months in advance then changed to arrive at the time of my grand daughter's birth. The advertized price for a flight change is $50.00. This change was done on the computer at a cost of $315.98, then the flight was change to come back to indianapolis after the birth and again under the thought of it only costing $50.00 but the credit card charge was $268.01. Why don't you have better communications with your loyal customers who travel on family needs regarding the birth of a grandchild and be reasonable about flight change costs?” Your advertised price is $50.00 to change a flight. Please explain>

Submit SearchSearch

“This flight cost was too high. The trip was booked months in advance then changed to arrive at the time of my grand daughter's birth. The advertized price for a flight change is $50.00. This change was done on the computer at a cost of $315.98, then the flight was change to come back to indianapolis after the birth and again under the thought of it only costing $50.00 but the credit card charge was $268.01. Why don't yopu have bettyer communications with your customers who travel on needs regarding the birth of a grandchild and be reasonable about flight costs?”

Submit SearchSearch