Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Changing departure and return airport

junebugg1958
Explorer C

I just this evening bought two tickets from MCI to MSY and then got an email from Southwest showing that I can travel from STL to MSy for less money.  Can I change my flight and be refunded the difference?  Is there an outside time limit to do this? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Changing departure and return airport

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

Yes you can change and there is no time limit or a fee to do it.  The refund will be in the form of a credit to use on a future flight.   You will have one year to use the credit from the date of original purchase.  The credit does not go back to your credit card.  If you used points your points will go back into your account. 

Re: Changing departure and return airport

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

Hello

to answer your question yes that change can be made and there is no time limit. In regards to the difference in fare you have 24 hours from flight booking to receive a refund to your credit card after the 24 hour mark the difference in fare will be held for future use but you must use it within 1 year of the date you booked your ticket. If you change to a flight that is more expensive all you will pay is the difference in fare. 

Happy travels