Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

using travel vouchers

pjmrch
Explorer C

If a travel voucher is used to book a flight and that flight is cancelled by us, is the voucher still valid travel?  How is this categorized in his profile (i.e. --points, travel funds, etc.)?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: using travel vouchers

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi Pjmrch,

Could you put a little context around your question so the Community can better answer it? Just a few more details would be helpful. When you say "voucher," what exactly are you referring to, and what do you mean by "how is this categorized in a profile?"

Thanks!

annecan123
Explorer C

I also have a question about vouchers.  Do we really have to define vouchers?  These are what Southwest gives us when their computers crash and our flights have been cancelled.  Also, she wants to know where do you look in your Southwest account for your vouchers and how to use them and how much money is there...etc.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

A Southwet LUV Voucher is an individual document that is usually emailed to a Customer. It is not connected to a Rapid Rewards Account. Vouchers are fully transferrable, and can be used toward the purchase of any tickiet. 

JTC
Explorer C

How do you transfer a voucher?  Can I just give the number/code to someone to use?

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi.

You can give the voucher to someone else with no problem. All they need in order to use the LUV voucher is the voucher number and the security code associated with the voucher. The voucher number is 16 digits and the security code is 4 digits.

Travel Vouchers

caylan
Explorer C

I have 2 travel vouchers one for myself and one for my husband. I have two questions. 1) They say they expire in September but we want to use them for our trip we are taking in December. If I book by September will they be valid to go towards the December trip? 2) If I use my vouchers to book my December trip can I book the remainder of my trip with rapid rewards points? 

I appreciate the info!

Re: Travel Vouchers

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi 

Your travel must be completed by the expiration date in Sep.  Vouchers can not be combined with pointsfor a round trip ticket.  Use a voucher for a one way ticket and then use points for the other one way ticket