Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 18 SW Flights so far this year for me

dfwskier
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

@dfwskier Yep, that was supposed to read, I have 23/25 flights, not 15.  So on my next trip that I pay for it will be a done deal.  That is if I don't get it from partner points first, I'm actually almost there on that as well.  

Partner points help you get to companion pass, but  do not count towards A-List - only flights do.

I always get to A-List by segments flown, but not points because I almost always choose cheap fares.

18 SW Flights so far this year for me

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier For the life of me, I never remember what helps with what.  But regardless, I have two trips to Palm Springs coming up, 2 trips to Dallas, and one to Tampa Bay, so that should be enough to help me out.  I'm like you, and some flights are on points along with cheap fares, so takes a bit longer.  I have had to do the Business Select one year to get the points because flights were limited that year as I flew more on points than paid.  Now that points don't expire, I mix it up and use points only for the more costly flights. 

Re: 18 SW Flights so far this year for me

dfwskier
Aviator A

Don't forget that after you get to 25 segments you can switch to points -unless you are shooting for A-List Preferred.