Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

5in flight movies and tv series don't work

dianet804
Explorer C

I cannot watch movies or tv series in flight since 2021. They start for 5 seconds and then just loop the first 5 seconds. I have the same tablet, nothing changed on my end. Frustrating that the app from google play store says it hasn't updated since 2019.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 5in flight movies and tv series don't work

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Sounds like a device issue - does it work on other devices? Maybe there are restrictions (internal by you and/or by the airline) for that device type? 

can you share some more info?

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

s Re: in flight movies and tv series don't work

dianet804
Explorer C

I can play on my phone I have tried updates to my tablet, Uninstaller the app, reinstalled. I have had this tablet and played movies on it during 2019 travel. It is a Samsung galaxy tab S.

dianet804
Explorer C

I can play on my phone I have tried updates to my tablet, Uninstaller the app, reinstalled. I have had this tablet and played movies on it during 2019 travel. It is a Samsung galaxy tab S.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@dianet804 wrote:

I cannot watch movies or tv series in flight since 2021. They start for 5 seconds and then just loop the first 5 seconds. I have the same tablet, nothing changed on my end. Frustrating that the app from google play store says it hasn't updated since 2019.

Hmm, do you realize that the SW app doesn't work on old OS versions. It requires newer ones. The requirement lets the airline serve about 95% or it's customers. It also means that it does not for about 5% of it's customers.

Check your current OS version and compare it with the one required to use the current SW app.

dianet804
Explorer C

I believe I read in this forum, it is an 8.0 OS? Couldn't find it on southwest site, just says "compatible device" but no hyperlink to see what that is. My tablet is 6.0.1, so I guess that's the issue.  My tablet works great so I don't plan on buying a new one just for that purpose. 🤷‍♀️

Thank you!!!