Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

$8 wasted on in flight entertainment

dwaynec74
Explorer A

Has anyone had success connecting to the internet in flight? I have used my priority card on two different flights and was unable to connect. I tried 5x times over an hour of my three hour flight from LAX to HOU to no avail. I can't see myself ever making that purchase again, even with the 20% discount my card offers. Or even as an A lister.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: $8 wasted on in flight entertainment

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

If WiFi failed you, you can do one of two things:

1) Contact Southest and request a refund

2) Protest the credit card charge becasue you dd not receive the service you paid for.

SWDigits
Aviator A

Double checking based on the title of the post, the inflight entertainment (movies, tv, music, games) is free. Inflight WiFi is $8 if you want internet but the entertainment is free.

"Inflight entertainment love don’t cost a thing.

Let’s make time fly while you’re onboard. Our inflight entertainment options are totally free to you, so you don’t need to purchase WiFi to access them. Bring your favorite viewing device and headphones to take advantage of all the free entertainment options–the hardest part will be deciding what to watch!"

Source and connection instructions are here.

Customer | Home airport DCA

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Sadly, I've give up on having usable wifi access on Southwest. I've had the $8 fee refunded so many times that it's just not worth it to even try anymore. Each time I hear that there's been an update or improvement to the system I make the mistake of trying again... and find myself disappointed. Again.

That said, Southwest's in-flight entertainment system generally works very well. And, as noted, it's free -- you don;t need to purchase the Internet connectivity to access the entertainment options.

dwaynec74
Explorer A

Thanks Rise. How did you get refunded? Did you contact Chase card services or SW rapid rewards?

SWDigits
Aviator A

@dwaynec74 wrote:

How did you get refunded?

Contact Southwest rather than Chase, they should not give you a hard time.  I'd send Southwest an email message with the refund request using the online form or use the Chat function from within the app.

Customer | Home airport DCA

dwaynec74
Explorer A

Thanks. Yea, I misquoted.