Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A List Preferred Free Internet

clem8989
Explorer C

The last two flights, the planes inflight entertainment worked perfectly fine, the green dot showing internet was lit, but when I went to login to join the free WiFi my IOS page would just stop loading right after the "A-list Click here" link to login.   Anybody else having this issue?

12 REPLIES 12

Re: A List Preferred Free Internet

gsking
Aviator C

My success ratio with internet on recent flights may be as low as 50%.  It definitely seems worse than usual.   Even on a Max, where I had none. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

On and off today ORD - DEN.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

Yes, agreed, MAYBE 50% successful.  Worse than usual.  The "usual" was spotty but these days I have been on several flights with no wifi at all 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

My last two flights -- same issue. I did experience that after we got in the air, the I turned started working fine. Well...as fine as you get on a SW flight. LOL

-A List, Companion Pass holder

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Beyond A-List, free wifi is the only real benefit that A-List Preferred gets, and, when it works, it is terrible.

aMomTo6
Adventurer B

I sure wish there were something beyond the free wifi benefit.  The wifi is superbly terrible on SWA. I am finally achieving A list preferred. But, I have the free wifi with my credit card.  In all honesty, I will earn A list preferred with the "boost" that was given this year.  I am not feeling excited about the "free" wifi that is fairly non existant or pitiful to begin with 😕

Still love SWA  - but free wifi is definitely not what's keeping me here LOL

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I've had 75% success rate with speed, ability to login, and actual use, combined.

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

jhporte
Explorer C

Well not entirely true. You will get a better boarding position number in the A group. Which has its benefits if you are going for one of the few decent seats on the plane

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jhporte wrote:

Well not entirely true. You will get a better boarding position number in the A group. Which has its benefits if you are going for one of the few decent seats on the plane

Plus 20% more RR points than anytime and 100% more than WGA

and a drink coupon -- if they ever start serving alcohol again