Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A real hero!

jksobonya
Aviator A

I flew from Vegas to Orlando (and on to Philly) yesterday and I noticed an act of real kindness of my flight. The flight was pretty full - although not 100% booked, maybe a dozen seats were open - and since we were going to Orlando, there were a lot of parents with young children dressed in their Disney finest. A mother became separated from her daughter because seat availability was low by the time they got on, and they were separated by a few rows. The mother was pretty distraught and wanted to sit by her daughter. After several minutes I noticed someone get up and offer to sit where the mother was - which was a middle seat, by the way - so the mother could be by her daughter. The mother was so ecstatic, she tried giving the man $20 but he refused to take it. She ended up dropping the $20 bill on his seat, and the man gave it back to the flight attendant to give back to her. He was a real hero in my eyes! There are still kind people in the world!

--Jessica

4 REPLIES 4

Re: A real hero!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

👍

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@jksobonya wrote:

I flew from Vegas to Orlando (and on to Philly) yesterday and I noticed an act of real kindness of my flight. The flight was pretty full - although not 100% booked, maybe a dozen seats were open - and since we were going to Orlando, there were a lot of parents with young children dressed in their Disney finest. A mother became separated from her daughter because seat availability was low by the time they got on, and they were separated by a few rows. The mother was pretty distraught and wanted to sit by her daughter. After several minutes I noticed someone get up and offer to sit where the mother was - which was a middle seat, by the way - so the mother could be by her daughter. The mother was so ecstatic, she tried giving the man $20 but he refused to take it. She ended up dropping the $20 bill on his seat, and the man gave it back to the flight attendant to give back to her. He was a real hero in my eyes! There are still kind people in the world!

--Jessica

Traditionally the FA would supply a nice person like this with drinks during the flight but that's not an option right now. 

Glad to hear it! There have been a few sad stories on here about people not getting anyone to move and that made me sad. Add one to the good side!

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Thanks for sharing.  I'm sure there are many more like this we don't hear about, and when we do, it's always a great read.  

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

great story, thanks for sharing Jessica!