Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ADA AWARENESS

jwarren
Explorer C

274092111_339707941387999_904715256617665883_n.jpg

In what world is this okay? If you were the individuals who refused to get up from the front row and are not yourself disabled, I am ashamed of you and I hope you are as well. Be a decent human being and Southwest Air, DO BETTER.

6 REPLIES 6

Re: ADA AWARENESS

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You obviously have never read the comments people make about preboarders who "don't look disabled".  Yeah, it's bad and many people don't care.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I also don't see how Southwest is to blame here?  They asked folks if they could move.  No they didn't block off the seats, but I don't think I've ever heard of that happening.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

I also don't see how Southwest is to blame here?  They asked folks if they could move.  No they didn't block off the seats, but I don't think I've ever heard of that happening.

--TheMiddleSeat

I have seen it sometimes where they were holding it, but with the tight connection I have also heard that they didn't think the people would make it and didn't hold the spots, then the people made it after all. 

On one of our January trips we had to split up the family on one of the legs, and on another one a gentleman moved to a middle seat so we could be together so there are some kind people out there.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry you ran into trouble.

I do have a question. How do you know the people in row 1 were "perfectly able?" Every flight I've seen, pre boarders snag the row. I suspect the same thing happened in your case.

Actually, any pre boarder could be the first person on the plane.

bec102896
Aviator A

Sorry for your disappointment your welcome to share your feedback with southwest directly by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of this page. 

-Blake 

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I guess that we are missing so much information to understand this. Where were the people asked to move? Did it involve splitting up and moving to middle seats?

In any event, you only needed one seat, not two.