Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

ATL to DAL crew 5/7/22

mkopec09
Explorer C

Anyone else on the 7:00am flight to Dallas? Probably the rudest, most unfriendly SWA crew I have ever had. I can’t believe the way they treated customers. Even the gate desk supervisor at ATL was rude. For the first time, I didn’t feel like I was on a SWA flight. No “Luv” and not a care in the world to show an ounce of kindness. This is the one time I wish I got a survey after my flight and I didn’t. In addition, the gate staff at Dallas weren’t any nicer. The DAL to PHX crew were great but everything leading up to that was awful. I will make a point to never connect in ATL because of this and stay clear of this airport. Unfortunately I was in ATL for work so I had to be there but I will pay extra to not ever be here and deal with any of those employees again. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: ATL to DAL crew 5/7/22

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Want to know what is better than a survey?  Actually writing Southwest and telling them about it.  Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

amhouin
Explorer C

Thank you for the information. Sadly, it seems Southwest has increasingly hired gate agents, in-flight crew, and other staff who are not representative of the previous professional staff employed with them for years. Are they contracting out? While waiting on my minor child’s flight to board, many of us witnessed rude, unkind, unprofessional behavior. The gate agent literally yelled at a woman who became flustered and was seeking help related to her online ticket. The same agent was extremely rude and raised her voice while demanding a an extended family consolidate their diaper bags, etc. despite them attempting to explain that the parents had just boarded in the ‘parents with small children’ section and had forgotten their diaper bag. The extended family was being nice in boarding in the next section. All of witnessing this were upset and appalled. We obtained the staff’s name and located a young 30-ish supervisor who went to speak with the staff. That type of person’s unkind, rude, unprofessional attitude will likely not change, however, due to her personality. 

amhouin
Explorer C

Thank you for the information. Sadly, it seems Southwest has increasingly hired gate agents, in-flight crew, and other staff who are not representative of the previous professional staff employed with them for years. Are they contracting out? While waiting on my minor child’s flight to board, many of us witnessed rude, unkind, unprofessional behavior. The gate agent literally yelled at a woman who became flustered and was seeking help related to her online ticket. The same agent was extremely rude and raised her voice while demanding a an extended family consolidate their diaper bags, etc. despite them attempting to explain that the parents had just boarded in the ‘parents with small children’ section and had forgotten their diaper bag. The extended family was being nice in boarding in the next section. All of witnessing this were upset and appalled. We obtained the staff’s name and located a young 30-ish supervisor who went to speak with the staff. That type of person’s unkind, rude, unprofessional attitude will likely not change, however, due to her personality. The flight was 08.28.22 at 8:30 PM Atlanta to San Antonio TX.