Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Air Fare refund

scottsdalemirag
Explorer C

I had to cancel my confirmation do to doctors order do to the coronavirus.When I canceled they gave me a $208.98 credit that is good for one year.  The doctor has know idea when I will be able to fly because I am in remission for Lung Cancer, had a Lung removed and I will be 79years old.  I was told it will be a BIG danger to me.  If at all possible would you please refund the money to my credit card as I don't know what the future holds.  If you would like to talk to me further you have my e-mail and my phone number. Thanking you in advance for you wonderful cooperation.

Sandra Johsnon

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Air Fare refund

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sandra, glad to hear that you are in remission!!

Since this is a customer to customer forum that anyone can use, you probably should edit your post and  remove all personal information (ie phone number). This forum will not provide an answer to your request.

Instead  reach out to SW's Customer Relations Department via Twitter (@Southwestair), or via phone at 1-855-234-4654 - Monday thru Friday during normal business hours.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

First, and most importantly, please remove all personal information from this post and remove your confirmation number. Second, this is a customer to customer forum so we can only provide advice, you'll need to call Southwest to get any actual action completed.

Standard process when you cancel a flight is to receive travel funds which can be used by the same passenger as the original purchase and must be used for travel completed within one year of the original purchase date. Exceptione to this are very rare, almost unheard of. After the one year you can usually call within 6 months of the travel funds becoming expired and request the expired funds be converted to a travel voucher. This typically reduces the value of the funds by $100 and gives you another 6 months to use the credit. Given you have a medical reason and unknown date of future travel Southwest may choose to make exceptions to policies, or they may not. You'll need to call Southwest Customer Relations at 1-855-234-4654 to get an answer. This is also an example where travel insurance would help provide refunds when airline policies don't.

--TheMiddleSeat

saltmanone
Explorer B

Good luck with the reply from The Middle Seat! Sounds like a corporate answer!

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@saltmanone do you have any useful advice for the OP?

--TheMiddleSeat

saltmanone
Explorer B

I have two questions. What or who is a op and the second is how were you able to obtain my E-MAIL address.? Friends in corporate?

This being the first forum I have ever participated in. I can see in this one, one cannot have a opinion. I also learned that some people have no life at all.

ksbrg
Employee
Employee

@saltmanone wrote:

I have two questions. What or who is a op and the second is how were you able to obtain my E-MAIL address.? Friends in corporate?

This being the first forum I have ever participated in. I can see in this one, one cannot have a opinion. I also learned that some people have no life at all.

Hey there @saltmanone - I can answer these!

• OP = "original poster" or, said another way, the person that posted the topic. "OP" is just an easy way to reference the person who posted the topic.
  • You're likely receiving email notifications when someone mentions your handle (ex: @saltmanone) or responds to one of your posts. You can manage your notification settings in your profile settings.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Lol, no one here in the Community has your email address. I appreciate the laugh though.

Screenshot_20200311-153257_Chrome.jpg

So, I've offered my advice to your questions about group travel cancelations and unless you have any other questions I guess we're done here. See you around the Community.

--TheMiddleSeat

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

scottsdalemirag, I pray for your fast and full recovery and hope you are able to fly again soon.

That said, I've reported this thread to the mods as it contains personal information. I don't understand why you post your own phone number and cancellation number on a public forum or why you expect to receive a refund if you purchased a nonrefundable fare.