Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Are they serving booze on flights? Flying out of LOVE for first time since Jan

jimmerpro
Explorer C

Hi all.   I traditionally like to have a Bloody Mary when I am flying.   I have not flown since January.   Are they serving drinks now?   Or can I buy one from a bar at Love Field and bring it on board.

Thanks.

J

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Are they serving booze on flights? Flying out of LOVE for first time since Jan

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Sorry, water is the only liquid being served at the moment.

Also, it is against the rules to bring liquor on a plane and then consume said liquor on the plane.

Re: Are they serving booze on flights? Flying out of LOVE for first time since Jan

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

Are they going to extend the validity of drink coupons? Any word on this? I've got, well, a lot.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I seem to recall reading that the drink coupon expiration date has been extended, but I can't find a link to the story at the moment.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The current drink coupon extension is all coupons expiring in 2020 are good until Dec 31, 2020.  Since full beverage service has not resumed I suspect this will be extended into 2021, but that's just a guess until Southwest officially announces it.

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

The current drink coupon extension is all coupons expiring in 2020 are good until Dec 31, 2020.  Since full beverage service has not resumed I suspect this will be extended into 2021, but that's just a guess until Southwest officially announces it.

--TheMiddleSeat

I've not seen any "official" announcement, but from this Facebook post, it looks like they've been extended through December 2021.

southwest drink coupons 2021.png

jimmerpro
Explorer C

Wow.  Glad I asked.   Can you bring your own soda that you purchase in the airport on to the plane? 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jimmerpro wrote:

Wow.  Glad I asked.   Can you bring your own soda that you purchase in the airport on to the plane? 

Non-alcoholic beverages as well as food may be brought onto the plane.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jimmerpro wrote:

Yes, you can.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@jimmerpro wrote:

It seems that you are not set up to receive private messages. I would like to send you one.