Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Are they serving booze on flights? Flying out of LOVE for first time since Jan

jimmerpro
New Arrival

Hi all.   I traditionally like to have a Bloody Mary when I am flying.   I have not flown since January.   Are they serving drinks now?   Or can I buy one from a bar at Love Field and bring it on board.

Thanks.

J

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Are they serving booze on flights? Flying out of LOVE for first time since Jan

dfwskier
Top Contributor
Solution

Sorry, water is the only liquid being served at the moment.

Also, it is against the rules to bring liquor on a plane and then consume said liquor on the plane.

Re: Are they serving booze on flights? Flying out of LOVE for first time since Jan

bwallet

Are they going to extend the validity of drink coupons? Any word on this? I've got, well, a lot.

dfwskier
Top Contributor

I seem to recall reading that the drink coupon expiration date has been extended, but I can't find a link to the story at the moment.

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

The current drink coupon extension is all coupons expiring in 2020 are good until Dec 31, 2020.  Since full beverage service has not resumed I suspect this will be extended into 2021, but that's just a guess until Southwest officially announces it.

--TheMiddleSeat

chgoflyer
Top Contributor
Solution

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

The current drink coupon extension is all coupons expiring in 2020 are good until Dec 31, 2020.  Since full beverage service has not resumed I suspect this will be extended into 2021, but that's just a guess until Southwest officially announces it.

--TheMiddleSeat

I've not seen any "official" announcement, but from this Facebook post, it looks like they've been extended through December 2021.

southwest drink coupons 2021.png

jimmerpro
New Arrival

Wow.  Glad I asked.   Can you bring your own soda that you purchase in the airport on to the plane? 

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

@jimmerpro wrote:

Wow.  Glad I asked.   Can you bring your own soda that you purchase in the airport on to the plane? 

Non-alcoholic beverages as well as food may be brought onto the plane.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@jimmerpro wrote:

Yes, you can.

dfwskier
Top Contributor

@jimmerpro wrote:

It seems that you are not set up to receive private messages. I would like to send you one.