Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

BWI to LAS here’s what I saw

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Just got  back RT BWI to LAS here’s what I saw. 

BWI walked through TSA with no delay. Airport was like a ghost town. 90% of the people I saw wore masks. 

Lining up to board in groups of ten with no regard for boarding pass number within the line. For example, 31-40 (which is announced 1-40) number 40 can be first in line. 

on the plane middle seats empty. Everyone had a mask on. I saw at least three people not wearing masks during the flight. No one challenged them. 

Same thing on the flight back. 

If you are worried about the virus then you should stay home. Otherwise, happy travels. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: BWI to LAS here’s what I saw

bec102896
Aviator A

Thanks for sharing your experience. How was the deplaning process on your flights?

ffflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I sat mid plane by the window both ways. Emergency row 😎

When we landed and the seatbelt sign went off I just sat and watched as most the people shoved their ways into the narrow isle and struggled to retrieve their oversized bags from the overhead compartments. No thought to social distancing at all. 

In less than five minutes they were off and I pulled my one duffel bag from under the seat in front of me and walked off without shoving or bumping anyone. 

I fly alone and sit by the window. No butts in my face. No one grabbing the back of my seat as they pull themselves through the isle.  With the middle seat empty I had the row to myself both ways. 

bec102896
Aviator A

Yeah to me the deplaning seems to be the part that could use the most work however the flight I just off of a few hours a go the FA did make an announcement for people to keep social distancing there were only 35 of us on the flight so it was easy going although it wasn't the case back in June where it was a rush the aisles like normal flight. 

mcan
Explorer C

Just spoke to someone who 2 in the household got it.  They wear masks everywhere, even in their own homes amazingly.  They don't travel and only go to the store.  Go figure.