Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Bag damaged

ademontalk
Explorer C

Hello 

My bag, after being lost and delayed, arrived damaged from New Orleans to DCA. I have reported the damage to Southwest but have heard nothing. I am about to fly home to New Zealand. How can I get this damage bag issue solved before I fly home. 

Any suggestions?

Cheers Andrew 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bag damaged

bec102896
Aviator A

Did you contact southwest though the website on the lost bag/damaged bag report? If not I would reach out though that portal and they will respond as soon as possible. To expedite the case I would attach all receipts for them to consider. 

-Blake

ademontalk
Explorer C

When the bag didn't arrive at the airport I filed a report at the airport and asked for the bag to be delivered to my hotel when it was found . Southwest delivered the bag to my hotel damaged. When it arrived at the hotel damaged I gave their call centre a call to report the damage. The call centre said they would get back to me, but have heard nothing! Any advice would be appreciated. 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@ademontalk 

Do you still have the paper copy of the report or the email copy? If so look at that report and go to the website and log in with your report number and last name.

Once logged in you should see a place to send a message there is where you should type that your bag was damaged when it was delivered and include pictures and receipts for the items damaged they should respond within 30 days but in my experience it's MUCH faster than the 30 days. 

EDIT: here is the link to the website you should go to: https://live.nettracer.aero/southwest-paxview 

-Blake